Thursday 18 February 2016

A fantastico friend

How many people have someone in their lives that they can tell something to, and be assured that it's actually being understood, one hundred percent? That would be simply fantastico, wouldn't it?

For me, many people don't understand the things I think; most people like to keep it simple. But she isn't like that. She likes the deepest of everything. I can text her all day, and then give up sleep to talk till morning, only to be interrupted by WhatsApp's daily message backing up. Our interests are so common, and thoughts so alike that there is never a dearth of things to speak about.

There's a particular connection when we talk, we complete each other's sentences and know what's in each other's minds; it's simply fantastico! How often do you find people to complete your sentences?
She never shuts off her brain to things which others would think aren't needed. And somehow, she connects all of this with reason; she's extremely logical and practical! After all, everyone needs someone to fall back on; a constant. But more often than not, you need some tough love, to lift you up and get you back on your feet, and she is my perfect source of all those things! She is patient, caring, always ready to hear me out and yet knows when to tell me to get my act straight. Isn't that fantastico?

According to me, a friend isn't a friend if she only comes to you for entertainment. A friend has to be someone that you can depend on, especially when you need help. What's a friend if she isn't a well-wishing helper? She ranks first in that department; there has not been an instance when she has denied help or advice in personal or academic matters! She breaks it to me when I'm going out of line and does everything to inspire me to be better at whatever I try to do.

She is a fantastico example of what strength of character can make of someone. She's hard on the outside and soft on the inside, like an egg. It's the perfect combination to see in a person. No drama, no tears; no unnecessary emotion, but she has all the feeling that's needed to make her human, obscured by her guards which are always up. She doesn't open up much to anyone, despite being interesting enough to speak for hours together with. So many guys find her mysterious aloofness attractive. She manages to keep his own life private, so when she does share her details with someone, it's pretty obvious that they're privileged, and that they've earned it. Earning her trust is definitely a mark of quality!


She's a friend that we all need. But to me, she's more than just a friend - I don't know what to call her. A "best friend" isn't descriptive enough. What I have with her is simply fantastico!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment