Sunday 21 February 2016

The impact of keeping a diary

Keeping a diary has such a wonderful impact on your day-to-day life. Everyday, we encounter so many things that we want to share with someone. But not everyone has someone interested enough in them to talk so much to, and narrate each incident; diaries are perfect for this!

Each day in our lives is a test. We deal with so many things and people; sometimes good, sometimes bad and very often, challenging. Sometimes we manage to overcome those challenges. For some others, we give up and admit failure. It's an amazing feeling to come home after a long day and have a place to vent. All these things exert an impact on us, our mood, our feelings and most importantly, on our character.

Every day, we change a little bit more based on the things that happen to us. All these things change who we are as a person, and we turn into someone more and more beautiful everyday. It's an excellent idea to keep a record of all the things that have changed us, and when. By keeping a diary, we can make those marks on us last forever; to whoever may be interested enough to know what we've learnt from our life experiences. The most important of all those people is ourselves; the other day, I was cleaning, and I found a diary from when I was eight years old. I read all the things I'd written, about how my mother was the best cook in the world, and the most loving and beautiful woman ever, and how my father was the smartest, funniest man to walk the planet. I was so swept away by the thoughts of the eight-year old me! It felt amazing as some memories came back to me, vaguely, as though from some other world. The one I'd kept then wasn't one I wrote in regularly though, and I only had the memory of some particular things. I can't say how badly I regretted not writing more often when I was little; I'd have loved to read my thoughts from the yesteryears.

After then, the only diaries I have from my childhood are some travel journals that I always made it a point to keep every time when I went on a trip, which I must say, are pretty amusing to me now.

I kept a diary in 2013, and wrote unfailingly for an entire year, every night, before I went to bed. It is an excellent experience to live that way; it helps you to keep track of your daily life and daily thoughts. It's an excellent way to watch how much closer you've made it to your goals, every day. It helps you make sure that you're staying on the path you intended to, without swaying from the true purpose you've intended to fulfill. Needless to say, 2013 was one of the most productive years of my life; such is the impact of keeping a diary!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment