Thursday 11 February 2016

Never lose your way again!

Are you one of those people who have a particularly poor sense of direction? Do you feel lost quite often when you’re travelling to a place – sometimes even if you’ve visited the same place many times before? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then you might have something to relate to in this post.

I am one of those people who tend to lose themselves very often. Sometimes, even if I’ve been visiting the same place quite regularly (say, once every two months) for years, I am still at a complete loss when it comes to figuring out the directions all by myself. A fine example of this would be the way to Balanagar in my city, a place where I have lived till around 5th standard and have visited innumerable times after that. The road to that place from the centre of the city is pretty straightforward (they say), and yet, to this day I am not completely sure which road to take! Another place I have lived in for more than five years is Safilguda, where I did a significant part of my schooling, and yet I still have a bit of trouble finding out the way. On numerous instances, my friends have got quite annoyed at me too since I can’t figure out the route each time I go to their house, and I definitely don’t blame them for that. :D

In times like these, the GPS navigation system has been a real boon to me. It has saved my skin on many occasions where I just couldn’t figure out which way to go. And nowadays they come with real-time traffic updates as well, so it has become enormously easier to choose a particular route and proceed forth. Though I might add, many times it has so occurred that my phone battery just isn’t enough to suffice GPS navigation for the entire journey; especially for me, since I often forget to charge it the previous night. In times like those, it would be very handy indeed to have turn-by-turn navigation built in the car itself, thus eliminating the need to have the GPS functionality in the phone running continuously. And the Tata Zica has got just that! It is undoubtedly a blessing for those who face problems similar to mine.  Tata has clearly thought out its customers’ needs well and tailored the features in their new car to suit the needs  of the public.


There is also that odd occasion where the maps application simply doesn’t know the exact destination that I want to reach. In such a moment, one can always rely on our very own desi GPS, which simply means, park the car somewhere and ask the local pan-wala or the nearest auto-wala. :D


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like me. I find myself lost so often! And it's so difficult to get myself back to a familiar place.
    Well written :D

    ReplyDelete