Friday 12 February 2016

Writing: a fantastico feel



This competition gives me such a fantastico feel! As a child, my first dream was to be an author. I wanted to be the youngest author to be published when I was seven years old. Of course, that never got around to happening, and slowly my other dream began to take precedence.

Having a dream in the sciences is easier to pursue; there is always some amount of certainty that you will make it. You don't have the same kind of security with the arts. One needs to be quite bold to run after their dreams of being a full-time writer, painter or such! As the years went by, I realised my dream of making it to medical school, but I did nothing about wanting to be a writer, except keeping a private blog that I'd post to once in a few months. I'd write less and less when I didn't have time. Writing turned into one of my least priorities, something that I did only when I didn't have anything better to do or anywhere else to be at that point of time. I began to feel like I was losing my first love, and that is heart-breaking for sure. I had wanted to work on my writing skills by making a habit of writing little by little regularly. But my lazy side got the better of me and I never began. But with the Tata Zica Indiblogger blogging marathon, it feels like I've gotten back on my feet! I am not sure if I will be able to make it to the winners’ list, but I shall definitely be glad that I had the opportunity to write this much and that there was someone reading it as well. I am deeply thankful to the blogger community for giving me so much encouragement to write new stuff every day. I needed to be pushed to start again, and this marathon was a great driving factor! The past few days I've racked my brains to write about anything connected to the keywords, and it's covered so many topics and incidents that are very close to my heart. It feels great to write it all down; I'd almost forgotten what the fantastico feeling was like! I'm thankful for being reminded of this feeling.

Writing was my outlet, and now I think it will stay that way forever. I am going to be a doctor in another two years, but somewhere down the line many years from now, I hope that I find the time to publish a book or two. Having two of my biggest childhood dreams come true is something I really wish for, and if that happens, it shall indeed be fantastico!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment