Sunday 14 February 2016

The fantastico world of cartoons

There are some fantastico things I'll cherish in my life forever, and 5 PM, Monday to Friday is definitely going to be one of them. Some of you might have already guessed what I'm talking about!


Pokémon was an absolute craze in my school days. I can never forget how passionately all of us used to watch them and then discuss the details of the day's episode in school the next day. This anime series had achieved a cult status among us; following Ash through his adventures was deeply intriguing. And then came the Pokemon games! Most of us used to play the Nintendo versions on the PC; we could go on and on for hours roaming around the fields, capturing wild Pokemon and then getting the chance to use them in trainer battles to collect badges. We had also amassed several Pokemon cards - in fact, the purpose of buying jam or a packet of chips was not just the food but also the tiny card inside it. And whenever someone found a rare Pokemon card, it was as if he had just won a lottery! I still distinctly remember the day when I had got a Mewtwo and a Gyarados on the SAME day (people familiar with these would really know what that actually meant) and for that day, I was practically the hero of the class. Even now all these years later, I get really excited whenever someone talks to me about Pokemon and I even have a tiny Pikachu toy hanging from the central rear view mirror of my car (handmade, gifted to me by two awesome friends of mine) and it still reminds me of the good old days.


Not just Pokemon, so many other cartoons were fantastico too! Make Way for Noddy was one of my top favorites. Following Oswald the octopus and his little dog Weener (or was it Weeny?) was incredible too. Another cartoon which I really loved was Thomas the Tank Engine. Some of my friends didn't like it very much, but I always found the train engines talking to each other with weird expressions and plotting against each other once in a while very funny and spooky at the same time. I feel so sorry for the kids these days because they don't show those cartoons anymore. I've tried watching the new cartoons a few times with my cousin sisters, but I feel like our cartoons were way more fantastico.

Last but not the least, let's not forget the fantastico pair of Tom and Jerry. It's been 76 years since their inception but there's still hardly a soul on this planet who can resist a smile watching the cat chase the mouse and fail repeatedly!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment