Wednesday 10 February 2016

Fantastico F.R.I.E.N.D.S

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't agree with me when I say that it is the best sitcom ever. (The ones who have watched it, at least!) This show tells the story of six friends, all trying to run after their dreams in the bustling city of New York, while simultaneously trying to find the one they're meant to be with, all the while realising that their friends are their constants. Each of the characters has a special bond with the other five, which I think sets this show apart from some others which ran along the same lines. All six of them have got their quirks, though they're each lovable and dear to me in their own way.

I can relate to small parts of each one's character; Monica's paranoia, Ross' tendency to mess up, Joey's loving, sweet nature, Rachel's love for shopping, Phoebe's extremeness, and of course, Chandler's awkwardness. I don't think I could choose a particular character as my favorite, but the one that i can actually write an entire book about is Phoebe. Phoebe is my inspiration for so many things! She's so innocent, yet so diverse. She is so open minded and courageous; brave enough to unapologetically be herself with pride, no matter how crazy other people tell her she is. And yet she's so humble; always open to the idea that she may be wrong, yet so fixed to her own morals. When it's established that something is 99.999% true, Phoebe never forgets the 0.001 percent. She chooses to believe whatever excites her the most, because hey, why not? She doesn't feel the need to prove herself to anyone at all. Each of the six friends' passion for their jobs has inspired me beyond words.

They have all made me realise that the world is your playground, and you're allowed to do whatever moves your heart. So, why not? Why give up if it's just a little hard? I love stories like this; which stay fixed on the ground, with things happening that you can relate to or what you know might actually happen to you someday. They have the charm of making the little things in life come into focus. Those things that you would have maybe never given much thought, and just worked through, like a routine procedure. The show makes you realise how lucky you are to simply be normal and be able to relate to it. It isn't a thriller; it doesn't have much action, adventure or mystery, either, but it's still manages to be phenomenal, though so many of the other shows have ample amounts of all those things. Even though it's as old as me (born in the same year), people still watch Friends. New names are added to the list of fans every day, even now. And that's what makes it one hundred percent fantastico!

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment