Friday 19 February 2016

The impact of Facebook

Facebook. Who would have thought ten years ago, that it would have become as much an integral part of our life as it has! In fact I thought that it would wane away, slowly losing it's popularity, just as Orkut had. But it didn't! It hass impacted me so much, to the extent that it's become such an integral part of my life.

Old friends used to lose touch so easily in the old times. My mom is in touch with so few of her friends, and she recently rediscovered them on Facebook. It's hard to lose contact now that everyone is connected via Facebook. Sometimes when we're too busy to talk, at least we know what's going on in old friends' life via their updates on Facebook, giving us the feeling that we never lost touch at all. Nowadays almost all schools and colleges are a part of groups that keeps people connected through their common interests.

Facebook is the most convenient interface for academic help, too. We have a group for our batch on Facebook, and that's where we post all pictures or notes that can help with exams; I don't know how I would live without that! It's definitely had an impact on my final score.

You can like pages that are related to your interests, and keep yourself up to date with information about them. In fact, this is how I keep myself updated! I don't even have the habit of reading a newspaper. Facebook has become my newspaper! It's made me aware of so many things around the world that I never knew of before. It has had a tremendous impact on my general knowledge.

Advertisements on Facebook, with pictures of attractive clothing or accessories is what leads me to most of my online purchases too, that make a pretty big percentage of my wardrobe. It helps me to know what is "in", and keep up with the newest trends!

One of the things about Facebook that has created the deepest impact on me is pages like Humans of New York, Humans of Bombay, Terribly Tiny Tales and other such pages that really make you think. They remind you that every person is good at heart to themselves; no one does anything with the intention of being bad. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and some people really are heroes; it helps to remind me how confined my own life is. It leaves a deep impact on you when you find the thoughts that run through your mind written down by someone else; it touches you in a special way. They help you open your mind to new ideas and clear unnoticed barriers that you have been forming.
I can say without a doubt, that Facebook has not just been a great help to me, but has also left a great impact on my personality!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment