Sunday 21 February 2016

The impact of school

Of all the phases that I’ve experienced so far in my short lifetime, school ranks quite high on the list. The memories I’ve made in school are some of the most fantastico ones ever, and I’m going to cherish them forever in my life. School life has probably made the biggest impact on me compared to any other phase.

I have studied in three schools so far. I don’t remember a lot of things about my kindergarten school, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, except for my class teacher who was really sweet and took good care of us. We had a large playground which was filled with grass and a huge tree as well. It was the place where I first learnt to make new friends and interact with people.  We had a lot of competitions and events too! I don’t remember exactly if they were fun or not, but the photos sure indicate that they were. Though the school is closed now, I’ve been near it a couple of times recently and the school has made a special impact in my memory.

I went to primary school at Pallavi Model School. It was a much bigger school with lots of amenities. I loved the friends I made there and I’m still in touch with some of them. There was a very diverse group of students there and the teachers were simply amazing! That school was where I first learnt to play the piano too. It’s a habit that I’ve not allowed to slip away even now. The school also awakened my interests in sports – from chess and carroms to cricket and volleyball, I learnt to play everything there. I also took part in a drama which was a lot of fun!

The last five years of my schooling were done in DAV Public School, and I’m proud to say that it is so. It was a huge school that honed my talents and skills and has a huge impact on making the person that I am today. I was one of those kids who used to love going to school! I met an awesome group of friends there and I’m still very much in touch with them. Reminiscing those days still transports me to another world and brings a smile on my face.

As far as I have observed in other people too, the school one studies in makes a lasting impact on their personality forever. Our minds are moulded and given a particular shape in school; the remainder of our lives are merely a progression in the direction we’ve already been tuned into. No matter how far we go in our life, the legacy of our school life always channelizes us into a particular path and guides us according to the things we have learnt back there. Thus, the impact that school life has on us is second to none.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment