Sunday 21 February 2016

Gifts... truly fantastico!

Who doesn’t like receiving gifts? They have been one of the oldest ways for us to express our affection for each other. Gifts are a fantastico means of conveying what we really feel for the ones who are close to us.

I have been fortunate enough to receive quite a lot of gifts from many people over the past few years. Each kind of a gift has its own value – gifts from relatives are generally stuff like clothes, chocolates or watches – they show how much they care for us. Books have been one of my favourite gifts of all time. Clothes get worn out after a while, chocolates are eaten up soon but there is no feeling equal to reading and rereading a really fantastico book!

There’s one gift that really stands out among all others that I’ve received from my friends, and that is something which my best friend had given me on my nineteenth birthday. It was a video 3 minutes and 17 seconds long in which she had written about various stuff and gathered sketches describing me and our friendship over the past two and a half years. It was a very heartfelt video which had evidently required a lot of time and effort to make; and the result had simply left me speechless. I still do not know how to thank her for that, and the video is something which I watch every once in a while and am going to keep with me forever. Every time I watch it, it uplifts my mood and reminds me of how lucky I am to have a fantastico friend like that.

There is another gift also which I deeply cherish. It’s a craftwork that a friend of mine had given to me on my birthday, and it is composed of over a hundred ice-cream sticks placed together to spell the words “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”. The structure of ice-cream sticks also forms a base over which many stickers have been placed. Most people would probably look at it and ask me, “what’s so great about it?”. But then, to me, the craftwork is one of the most special things that anyone has ever done for me – it showcases how painstakingly she had toiled to make that for me, and to have a friend like that who is willing to set aside so much of her time and patience in order to make something for me is one of the greatest rewards that anyone can wish for, in my opinion.

Often, the most fantastico gifts, the ones which are the closest to our heart are those which are exclusive; those which money can’t buy. Indeed, the custom of tearing out the price tag before we gift an item to someone bears testimony to the fact that the price of the gift item is so irrelevant!


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment