Thursday 11 February 2016

The impact of my dad

Needless to say, everyone's parents are one of the biggest impacting factors in their lives. If it wasn't for my dad, I would be a very different person.

My father was my first ever tutor. He's the one who inculcated the interest I have in Physics and Maths, and the reason why I was pretty good at them. He was so bent upon making me understand things rather than remember them blindly, and making sure I was perfect.

Oddly enough, he's also the first influence that pushed me towards becoming a doctor; he was the one to put the idea into my head. He never forced me or even pushed me; he just lay all the facts ahead of me and asked me to make the choice for myself. He respects my individuality, which is probably why I'm usually inclined to following his advice. He is always right.

My dad has gotten me out of some pretty hard times, without any interference into what I prefer to keep personal. Just the things he says have the potential to change my life. Whenever someone hurts me, he's always there to remind me that they are a passing cloud, and all they're here to do is teach me something that I don't know.

My father is old school, but not in all aspects. He makes sense, at all times; there's never a time when he has imposed unreasonable demands on me. He has treated me like an adult always, though an adult much younger than himself. If I am independent today, it is because he has moulded me that way. He's been most understanding when I mess up, always ready to give me another chance to prove that my mistakes aren't who I actually am.

One thing that he's proved to me by just his actions is that no matter who will or will not be there for me forever, he will be there. I can always look beside me and find him supporting my every move, defending my decisions, and trying to cover for my mistakes. He'd go to great extents to do that, and knowing that you have someone to fall back on like that is a great feeling.

He has taught me to use my logic and sense of right, rather than just taking what others say as right and abiding by them.

He has never stopped me from questioning things, something that many Indian parents do not appreciate in their children.

My dad has always made sure that I think deeper into things than often considered needed by other people. He has altered the very basics of thought processing in my mind to become something very similar to his own. Sometimes this results in over thinking, which definitely isn't a good thing, but at most other times, it makes me be a person of depth; the one thing about myself that I like the most.

My father passed on his strengths to me; I know that's not physically possible but well, it did happen.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment