Friday 12 February 2016

The fantastico place called home



Home is simply fantastico.

There's no place better than home. I know it sounds like nothing better than a clichéd dialogue from The Wizard of Oz, but when you think about it, it makes so much sense. For me, home is the place where I can actually sleep. Occupying my bed all alone, under the heavy comforter that I need no matter what season it is. It is where I can relish the feeling of being allowed to sleep until I can sleep no more. It's better than any five-star hotel, because it's where the heart goes when it is set free.
Home is the most extravagant luxury. It's where there's no dearth of anything that I could imagine that I would need. It's where you feel safe, protected by the familiarity of your surroundings even if they aren't really physically strong.

Home is where I can be myself. There's no need to pretend, no need to put on a show; who do I have to prove myself to? Everything at home is my own, and it will continue to be the same even if I turn into the least deserving person in the world.

Home is security. Home is where the walls hide away your true nature from the judgmental eyes of onlookers. Home is my happy place; where I can express myself and my feelings in whatever way I want to. Home is where you can stay where you are, yet have the freedom to build castles in the air. Where you can dream big and not be laughed at. Home is the place that you identify with.

Home is where I have the freedom to be alone, but I'm not compelled to. Home is the comfort of a warm bed sheet to rescue me from the cold floor, and a great book with hot sips of coffee. Home is the place from where the body may leave, but the heart never does.

Home is the default place to go to; the one that's there for you to fall back on no matter what happens to you. Home is where your wounds are given time and tonic to heal. You're always welcome at home.

Home is where I'm fed even if I'm not hungry, where I'm loved even if i don't love back, and where I get everything I want even if I don't earn it. Home is where I have the freedom to act like a child and a grown-up at different times and still be accepted for it. It’s where I don’t feel the pressing need to don the maturity cloak all the time. It’s the one fantastico place where I can truly and completely be myself.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment