Wednesday 10 February 2016

How can YOU be fantastico?

No one ever treats you the way you want to be treated, even if you treat them like how you'd like to be treated. In fact they do the same - they treat you like they'd like to be treated. So they probably feel the same way! All this reminds me of a post i saw the other day that said, "We have become the ones we wanted to marry." We sure have!

So why bother look at the world with expectations and wait for someone to fulfill them? Why wait for someone else to live up to your standards and please you? Why keep your arms crossed across your chest until someone good enough, who cares enough, comes along? Nobody ever belongs to you. And to tell the truth, you can never count on anyone to always be there, because if they fail at it, the only person to vouch for that is themselves. Very few people would choose you over diplomacy, and maybe it's wrong to even expect it!

Man is a social being, but can't we manage certain things on our own?

I do so many things for no one but myself, and it feels great. I blog for myself. I write my diary, for myself to read one day. I watch the TV shows I like for myself. I listen to meaningless, peppy music for myself. Sometimes i wonder if it's alright to do so many things for nothing but my own momentary pleasure, but then again, isn't that the one tiny point is in the entire pointless journey we're all forced to go through?

I may not be the daughter of the richest man in town, or not be the most good looking person you've ever seen, but I do lead a life worth living. I manage to make the best of what I have, and that's what matters. I sing in the shower and I dance along to songs in the car. My heart aches more for pizza than it ever does for any person. I build castles in the air, and I get ahead of myself way too often. I may be a mess sometimes, I may not have everything figured out, but at least I'm not lost; I know where I'm trying to get.

My heart goes out to all those who find the need to put on a show; who wear uncomfortable clothing which isn't to their liking, or that listen to music that they don't relate to, just so that others think they're 'cool' or just so that their likes are 'in'. What's the need to fit in, when you can stand absolutely out, and be fantastico - when you can be you?

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment