Friday 19 February 2016

The impact of teachers

In the course of our lives, we are brought in contact with a large number of people from various walks of life. But perhaps there is no one group of people which makes a greater impact on us than our teachers.

The job of a teacher is a very noble and selfless one. Our teachers are the biggest role models in our childhood, second only to our parents. The impression that they leave on us and the values they teach us have the potential to impact young minds forever.

There are a few teachers whom I shall remember for the rest of my life. The impact that they have had upon me in making the person I am, today, cannot be understated. The first teacher that comes to my mind is Sam sir. He was my Physics teacher in 8th standard. Though he was very strict, he used to care about his students a lot and was genuinely interested in seeing to it that they understood the subject properly and didn't just mug it up. His oratory skills were also nothing short of amazing. During his classes, there always used to be complete silence. He was among the first persons who kindled my interest in fearless public speaking and helped me overcome my stage fright.

Another teacher who had a big impact on me is Geetha Lakshmi ma'am. She was my English teacher for three years. She used to pay special attention to each of her students and made sure each of them could utilize their talents to their best possible ability. She used to emphasize the power of writing artistically using simple words but having a rich vocabulary, as compared to throwing around a few big words here and there. She is definitely one of the catalysts who gave me enough confidence and honed my writing skills for me to be able to sit here and write a blog today. My mathematics teacher, Swarna ma'am, taught us the importance of being inspired by a driving force all the time. She was always very energetic and never used to procrastinate about anything at all.

Even after school gets over, teachers continue to impact our lives in a big way. My medicine professor, Deepak sir showed me the art of coming to a diagnosis using a very analytical approach and I am sure many of us shall forever be indebted to him for the impact he has made in shaping us as doctors. Sharma sir has ignited my interest in pediatrics so much so that it has now become a serious career option for me.

Many times, our interest in a particular subject is directly proportional to how good the teacher we had in it was. The impact my teachers have had in shaping me is immense and I shall forever be grateful to them.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment